The prefecture of Nagasaki is thinking of filing an administrative appeal against the decision made by the national authorities of Japan in late December to reject the prefecture’s plan to construct an integrated resort (IR) including a casino in Sasebo city.
These statements were made by Deputy Governor Yuko Baba on February 2 during a prefectural assembly general affairs committee meeting. She said that the prefecture’s goal is to review every aspect of the IR processes while keeping in mind the Japanese Administrative Appeal Act’s deadline for filing an administrative appeal.
The national authorities said on December 27 that the IR District Development Plan for Nagasaki had not been authorized; this deadline comes three months later.
Additionally, Ms. Baba said that the prefecture will choose whether to go ahead with the IR project after an analysis of its proposed casino resort. She informed the committee that the prefecture is thinking about appointing an outside panel to supervise this evaluation procedure.
In a letter sent to the Japan Tourism Agency last month, the prefecture of Nagasaki requested further information on the process by which the national authorities arrived at their decision over the IR plan. The Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport, and Tourism in Japan receives reports from the Japan Tourism Agency.
Ms. Baba said at the meeting on Friday that the prefecture has not yet heard back about its request for clarification.
Original story by: GGRAsia
Other Interesting ArticlesMark Pace appointed as President of IGSA, succeeding Peter DeRaedt
Feb 7, 2024